The City of Ottawa has one public dump located in the southwest end of the city at 4475 Trail Rd, off Moodie Dr.
Ottawa Public Dump Hours:
Ottawa residents and businesses can dispose of household waste, construction debris, non-hazardous waste, and recyclable materials.
Open: Monday-Friday 7am-6pm
Open: Saturday 9am-5pm
All material must be sorted prior to visiting the dump. If any material is not sorted it will be considered a mixed load and charged at $228 per tonne
Where can I dump garbage in Ottawa?
There are four options to dump garbage in Ottawa.
- Weekly Curb Side Pick-up: Garbage is picked-up every two weeks. City of Ottawa residents can put up to 6 items out for garbage pick-up. Full details on the City of Ottawa website here
- Ottawa Trail Road Public Dump: If you have a large amount of garbage, or construction waste from a home renovation you bring this waste to the Ottawa public dump.
- Private Owned Garbage Dump: Ottawa also has three public dumps where you can dispose of garbage and recycling material, these include:
- Waste Connections of Canada Inc (WCC) (Previously Huneault Dump)is located at 3354 Navan Road. Please contact WCC Canada Inc. directly at 613-824-7289 for information.
- Waste Management Landfill – 2301 Carp Road(Does not accept residential waste) 613-831-1281
- Tomlinson Waste Recovery Centre -106 Westhunt Dr. (Carp), 613-836-6069
- Rent a Dumpster: When doing a home renovation, cleaning out a house or repairing a basement you may have a large amount of waste. Instead of loading this up in a trailer and bringing to dump you can rent a dumpster. Ottawa has over a dozen ‘dumpster rental’ companies that can provide this service. Your best option is to call 3-4 to get pricing on sizes, costs and timelines.
Ottawa Home Renovation Waste:
Construction debris and waste from home renovation and repair projects are removed from your property by Renco. As part of your project budget, all transportation and dumping fees are included.